We are open!
We’re pleased to announce that we will be re-opening Mr Gatty’s Tea Rooms from Monday 17th May. We are back but things will be slightly different for a while, so please read our guidelines carefully before making a booking.
- Our indoor café area will be open for dining only. No social groups will return at this time.
- Indoor tables can be booked by clicking on the link below or by calling 01254 460080.
- We have implemented a booking system to ensure we can manage our capacity and to try and give you the best possible service. We recommend that you book a table but if you prefer to be more spontaneous and just turn up we will try our best to accommodate you if we have availability.
- Party sizes limited to a maximum of 6 people.
- Your table will be reserved for a maximum of 90 mins only.
- We will have seating outside, under gazebos, for those wishing to purchase takeaway hot/cold drinks, food and cakes. You do not need to make a booking to sit in this area and will be served at your table.
- Our opening hours will be 9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday. Last orders for hot food will be 2.30pm.
Before You Arrive
- Arrive promptly at your booking time – we’re staggering bookings to avoid guests waiting in the entrance where possible.
- On arrival please wait to be seated. You will be asked for the contact details of everyone in your party including addresses and telephone numbers. Please make sure you have this information otherwise we will not be able to honour your booking. This is a requirement of the government guidelines and must be adhered to.
- Please follow the one-way system floor graphics to move around the building safely, and to visit the WC. This will help everyone to maintain safe social distancing throughout their visit.
During Your Visit
- Tables are 2m+ apart, in line with government guidance. Please do not move tables or chairs without speaking to a member of staff.
- Our counter will not be open – it’s table service only. A member of staff will come and take your order and will then serve you at your table.
- Each person will be given their own sanitised cutlery, crockery, glassware, plus salt & pepper sachets and sauces for the table, along with a disposable menu.
- Where possible we would like you to use a card or contactless payments. Please use contactless where possible but if not possible, we sanitise the machines before and after each use and will accept cash if required.
- Our toilets will be available for those dining inside, but you will be required to ask a member of staff to use them. We’ll be operating on a one person in the toilet area at a time basis and they will be sanitised between visits.
- All team members will be temperature screened each day and will follow health and safety guidelines.
- We’re working in ‘shift families’ to minimise contact.
- Kitchen teams and front of house staff will wear masks and follow social distancing measures.
Make a Booking